Polygon - Knights
On Polygon, our 5000 Knights minted out on November 4th 2022. Knights are at the center of our questing system and also passively earn a share of every MATIC spent in our ecosystem. Knights are the main character of Knights and Peasants.
Every Knight has a set of base stats: Health, Attack, Defense, Speed and Charisma. Part of these base stats are completely random, while others are influenced by rarity ( more on this further down this page).
You can make you Knight stronger by upgrading it and by using items that increase a Knight's stat points. The stronger your Knight is, the more chance you have of successfully completing Quests.
You might notice that every Knight has different stat points. Below are the steps that show how these stats are initially decided.
- 1.Every Knight starts with 50 Health and 1 stat point in all the other stats( 50/1/1/1/1)
- 2.Boosted stat is decided based on rarity brackets. Any point in step 3 and 4 that is added to a boosted stat ( if you have a boosted stat) has a chance of becoming 2 stat points. ( see below)
- 3.8 points are randomly distributed to every Knight. The example Knight could now have 60/2/2/3/4.
- 4.Based on rarity, another batch of stat points are randomly allocated to a Knight. This ranges from 20 to 8 stat points. Let's say our example Knight is the most common Knight out there and gets 8 stat points: 80/4/4/4/5.
- 5.Stat points from traits are added. Weapon, armor, helm and cape all provide different stat points. A common Iron helm might add 1 Defense, a Golden helm will add 4 Defense and 4 Charisma.
Knight's base stats are now decided. The two ways below is how you increase your stat points even further.
- 1.Add stat points from upgrades. These benefit from a boosted stat if you have one.
- 2.Add stat points from Knight blessings ( an Item NFT). These benefit from boosted stats if you have one.
Boosted stats have a 20% chance of doubling a stat points. If you happen to have a stat boosted twice, this chance is 40%.